top ^ - Application Support Technician
Keeping the Buzz going!
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic application support technician based in our Coventry Innovation Lab, to help keep the Buzz going. This exciting and diverse role involves support and monitoring of our market leading registration production platform and having lightning quick reactions and responsiveness to internal and external client queries and tickets.
With the ability of Sherlock, being extremely observant and perceptive to details, with keen ability to focus, the candidate will manage issues through to resolution, including when utilising 3rd line support resources from the Innovation lab.
With an uncanny ability to gather evidence based upon honed skills of observation and deductive reasoning the candidate will produce management information, performance metrics for services provided by the Innovation Lab and will participate in client service and technology meetings, finding continuous improvements of the production service and team effectiveness, establishing and resolving the root cause of issues.
- Validating issues and documenting steps to replicate
- Working with monitoring and alerting systems
- Working with ticketing / issue tracking systems (e.g. Redmine, Jira, Asana)
- SQL and basic Linux / Unix experience
- Ability to apply the right sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of supporting high-volume, business critical systems
- Enjoys both the responsive and proactive elements of the support role
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to liaise with developers, client service, technical contacts at clients and to provide telephone & e-mail support to end users
- Development exposure
- Writing test cases
- Experience with RESTful APIs and SDKs
- Debugging issues
The Perfect Candidate
- A great communicator, able to speak confidently with stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally
- Observant, thorough and meticulous
- Achieves personal satisfaction from solving puzzles and hunting down adversary’s
top ^ - Developer and Onsite Technician
Required: A rare blend of confidence and maturity, software development skills, interpersonal skills, enthusiasm for travel, and willingness to assume personal responsibility. LiveBuzz provide the Visitor Management and Registration for Conferences and Exhibitions across the Globe. At these events we rely on Onsite Technicians to set up registration and badging systems. Sometimes this technician is part of a wider LiveBuzz team, sometimes they are on their own. As well as setting up systems they will be liaising with the Event Organisers (our clients) dealing with requests and managing those relationships. The candidate will also be a Software Developer with enormous potential to develop those skill sets further. They will sit among our Software Development team where they create registration forms and systems, deal with queries and assist with product development.
The candidate must have a base level and demonstrable knowledge of:
- HTML / CSS
Additional programming skills will be an advantage. This is not a '9-5 job', there will be week long periods of working away from home, but LiveBuzz is an exciting and fun place to work. LiveBuzz is growing fast and as such offers fantastic career progression for talented employees. At LiveBuzz the successful candidate will also have access a monthly massage and weekly Yoga sessions. LiveBuzz is situated in the lovely Earlsdon area of Coventry, benefiting from the wonderful selection of restaurants, bars, sandwich shops, smoothie bars, and ice-cream parlours.
top ^ - Event Registration Manager
Fast track career growth for right candidate. Salary TBC, dependent on candidate.
This is a junior role with tremendous growth potential. We are looking for an upbeat and enthusiastic individual with a hard work ethic, who is willing to muck in where required in our fast growing organisation. The individuals will ideally be intelligent and motivated graduates with ambitions to build a career within the events sector. They will support our operations and account management teams with administrative support and project manage the registration process for large events. The role includes project management, liaising with clients (show organisers) and suppliers, answering phones and show queries. Dealing with show e-mails and responding. The Junior Account Managers will be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office and ideally some understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Confident on phones, with good, clear communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Confidence maturity and self belief, ability to manage stress and pressure.
- Extraordinarily hard working.
- Mentality able to deal with repetitive, administrative tasks when required.
- Ability to manage impatient or very demanding clients and or visitors.
Willingness to travel and work away from home - many of the Events we work on are spread across the UK and sometimes abroad. You may be asked to work onsite at events as part of a team. Enjoyment of busy events and travel are a benefit. These are demanding roles which during the Event Sector's busy period really stretch individuals. LiveBuzz is a fun, demanding and sometimes stressful environment to work in. The candidate will need to have thick skin and staying power. Some weekend work will be required.
top ^ - Exhibitor Services Coordinator
Perfectionist with Personality and Patience
LiveBuzz is a leading, full service provider of registration services to the global exhibition and conferences sector. A key differentiator in our proposition is the added value that we provide Exhibitors. This service is delivered by our excellent Exhibitor services team.
We are looking for an outstanding professional to further strengthen this team. Ideally with a minimum of 2-3 years work experience that demonstrates administrative and orgnisational skills. The ability to demonstrate the ability to manage projects and an understanding or involvement in events would be a bonus.
This is a great opportunity for a real self-starter who looking to establish themselves in event registration. You will be part of a team delivering integral services to our clients. You will thrive on fast paced working environments and will have the aptitude and vision to quickly establish yourself as part of the team and make this role your own. Full training on our systems will be given to ensure that you’re fully supported in your new role. Tell us how your knowledge of events, your fantastic customer services skills your amazing attention to detail, and that drive for quality in everything you do, makes you the ideal candidate for this job.
Aspects of the role
- Supporting the exhibitor services team by contributing to the smooth planning, preparation and delivery of our pre-show and onsite services.
- Liaising with clients to obtain their exhibitor service setup requirements and implementing these to a scheduled timeline ensuring the client is supported and guided through the process.
- Dealing with daily exhibitor queries (online and telephone based) in a professional manner.
- Proactively liaising with the exhibitor services team to ensure that information required from clients, for specific onsite services, are obtained and the requirements implemented in a timely manner.
- Reviewing exhibitor badge orders, as well as other online services from time to time, to monitor uptake and take next steps as required.
- Assisting in the setting up of devices for onsite scanning requirements – for exhibitors and organisers.
- Required to work onsite at shows across the UK, and abroad if needed, to assist in the provision of onsite exhibitor service requirements.
- Assisting with tasks, as they arise, which contribute to the execution of the department’s existing services, as well as contributing and adapting to new services and systems which are in development or on the horizon.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good working understanding of admin software; Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
Knowledge and Understanding
- An understanding of exhibitions and conferences is required.
- Good commercial understanding and an appetite and appreciation of excellence in customer services is essential.
Benefits of Position
- Great exposure to the world of Exhibitions and Conferences
- Opportunity to travel at home and abroad, to see new places
- Great position to build relationships with many of the UK’s leading organisers
- Fantastic culture with genuine desire for team to enjoy their jobs and have fun and prosper
- Free Yoga on Wednesdays
- Monthly Massage
- Ability to follow and repeat repetitive processes
- Patience to manage and support and educate stressed and occasionally misinfored clients who may not always be delicate in their communications.
- Long hours onsite and challenging deadlines and ability to multitask
- Willingness to travel and work weekends when required.
top ^ - External Communications Executive
Creating the Buzz!
LiveBuzz is looking for a fun loving, funky and upbeat professional with an interest in pursuing a career in communications and branding to help the company retain, build and grow its high profile brand. The LiveBuzz brand represents excellence, innovation, fun, integrity, customer service, caring culture, reliability, trust, professionalism and expertise.
We are looking for a talented personality driven professional to help us maintain and grow our band profile and help us grow our culture. Key to the role will be the ability of candidate to write and create commercial grade content and copy with personality. We don’t want to be too corporate or dour.
Ideally this will be a first or second role for a candidate looking to build a role focused on external communications, social media, branding. The candidate needs to evidence a track record or hard work and achievement. Ideally the candidate will be able to demonstrate and evidence and track record of Blogging, Vlogging and use of social media.
The role is primarily contents and process lead. It is not a marketing strategy role. The candidate will be supported by the MD’s and based out of LiveBuzz’s coventry office.
Ideally the applicant would have a passion or hobby and could evidence time spent blogging and vloging about it. Confident with social media channels and traditional media with is required. The role also involves good organisational skills and the ability to implement and follow processes.
- Demonstrable evidence of ability to write commercial grade content and copy, such as Blogs, Press Releses, Social Posts.
- Ideally but not necessarily a graduate.
- Will accept applications from Arts, Humanities, indeed all degrees not just Business and Marketing candidates.
- Work experience an advantage.
- Ensuring the industry is aware of LiveBuzz’s uniques capabilities.
- That our brand and its values is known and understood within our target markets
- That our key differentiators are communicated and recognised
- That internally we nurture our culture and encourage and support the growth of our LiveBuzz team.
- That our products and services are packaged and well defined.
- Embed and define our culture, values and propragate content and activities to ensure we are living them.
- Creation of case studies
- Collation of testimonials
- Award Entry submissions
- Social Media broadcasts - following set processes and adding new ideas.
- Maintaining and collation of content for marketing collaterals
- Creating content for product / services offered gas
- Construction of press releases.
- Construction of news letter content (not design) when required
- Assistance and input into Exhibitings activities with supporting communication campaigns
- Assistance and input into marketing campaigns
- Assistance and input into advertising campaingns
- Assistance and input into company branding
The role is primarily contents and process lead. It is not a marketing strategy role.
The perfect candidate
- Fun. Upbeat. Quirky. Confident. Optomistic. Great with the written word.
- Disciplined and process driven
- Creative thinker
- Willing to do things differently - not overtly corporate
- A personal passion or interest in a hobby or subject which they have written about or Blogs about or raised awareness about.
- A desire to enter and grow a role centered around external communications and branding in the exciting world of events with a fast growing and exciting company.
- A willingness to learn and just try things. To get under the teeth of some complex issues and subjects.
- Willingness to take photographs and learn about videography.
The candidate will be given support from Justin Craig - joint MD of LiveBuzz