Last updated - 21st June 2018
Who are we?
LiveBuzz is an award-winning provider of Event Registration, Event Websites and Event Staffing. Our registered office is: LiveBuzz Ltd, 5 The Quadrant, Coventry, CV1 2EL, United Kingdom.
What do we do?
LiveBuzz collects and stores data about you on behalf of an event organiser when you register for an event so that you can enter and engage with any of the systems that are provided by LiveBuzz in order to enhance your visit to the event. This policy lets you know why and how we store your data and what happens to it during your visit to an event.
What data do we collect?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure. LiveBuzz will collect one or more of the following types of data about you:
Name, Address, Email Address, Phone numbers
Questions in addition to your name and contact information that you might be asked when you completed an online form
Details of orders placed, billing and delivery address details.
Payment checking information
Checks made when processing card payments, for example, fraud and card misuse checks.
IP address(es) and browsing activity from our services.
Details of communications sent to, and received by an individual.
We will collect data on the capacity that you attended the event, for example as a visitor or as an exhibitor.
Why do we collect this data?
LiveBuzz will use the data we collect for a number of different reasons. the specific reason which we process your data will vary from event to event but will contain one or more of the following:
- Your Entry to the event:
- Communications with you on behalf of the event organiser.
- Delivery of tickets/passes via post
- Suggest Exhibitors/products of interest
- Enable you to schedule meetings with other attendees or exhibitors
- Enable you to update your privacy settings
- Process orders and financial transactions
- You are an event organiser and we hold your data in order to facilitate our services.
How do we use this data?
LiveBuzz will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. LiveBuzz is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Will you receive communications from us?
You will receive communication from us, on behalf of the event organisers when once you have completed the registration process, with your confirmation and booking references, you may also receive follow up reminder for the event and event specific updates. You may also be contacted by the event organiser about other similar events or occurrence of the same event. If you are attending the event in an exhibitor capacity, you may receive emails directly from LiveBuzz in relation to lead capture devices for hire during the event. LiveBuzz may also communicate directly with event organisers about its products or services.
Is your data shared with anyone?
LiveBuzz will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first gaining your consent. Consent to pass on your data may be given by allowing your pass to be scanned by an exhibitor at one of our events. In this case, the exhibitor which scanned your badge will have your name, address, contact data and some or all of you question responses which you provided during the registration process disclosed to them. In some cases where we are legally obliged, we may need to share your data with law enforcement services.
Our Legal basis for processing
LiveBuzz acts as a contractor for our clients to collect and process data for individuals who have registered their intent on attending the event or have a legitimate interest in attending the event. In some cases, you may have made a financial transaction with us meaning that there are legal obligations for us to process and hold your data. Our legal basis for processing will be one or more of the following:
You have entered into a contract with LiveBuzz or the Client for which LiveBuzz is processing data on behalf of.
The client or LiveBuzz believe that there is a legitimate interest for your data to be processed
You have Consented, (opted in) to a receive communications or service provided by LiveBuzz or their client.
How long will your data be stored for?
LiveBuzz will process personal data for the duration of the contract with the client for which we are processing the data on behalf of. LiveBuzz will destroy or anonymise the data 12 months after the termination of the contract for which we are processing the data for.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review - in the event that LiveBuzz refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority as details under "complaints".
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
LiveBuzz at your request can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If LiveBuzz does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of [Organisation Name] or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
In order to safeguard your data, requests to access this information must be accompanied with identification, you will need to provide 2 forms of identification from the following list:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill from the last 3 months.
Contact Information and Complaints
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by LiveBuzz, or subcontractors used by LiveBuzz, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and LiveBuzz’s data protection representatives with the details below.
111 Berkely Road South,
Tel: 02476 711 493
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113